By the back door is kept these things
To equip me into the garden.
Here my sunhat
Fly swatter for the coop
and cookie jar to treat the dogs.
The net is for the sparrows who love to get trapped in the chicken coop.
The little sign by the door says...
Please feed the birds...they asked me to put it there to remind me ya know :)
Walking into what I saw to do...
The tomato bails had come to their end...
Nothing is wasted.
So it is time to dismantle all of this fine menagerie..
this task of tomato verses dogs.
Using the red dolly I wheeled the first bail over to location.
It was full of ants I mean swarming!
DE to the rescue.
Useing the pitch fork I tore it apart and dusted it and left it to sit while I had company here.
Once they left I set to task.
My FILove gave me some fine black trash bags some time ago and I have had my mine set on this a long while.
By cutting off the bottom of all the bags in the house it saved some efforts.
Once outside The black plastic covered the bed areas and then I set the straw on top.
The extra wood and stakes were placed on top just to discourage the dogs.
The box well that was what was left from feeding the dogs HA!
So one by one I took the bails over and the one bail had a nice cat nip plant I tried to transplant.
Have not found whether it made it or not.
So The next bed had a wall...
I walked into, or worked into the vision I had to accomplish it.
I had asked for some block in prayer but meanwhile I set to task on what I COULD do.
The black plastic bags were then sent under the rim of the bottom ones.
This to stop the Bermuda grass.
Bermuda grass has 6 foot roots!
NIGHTMARE in a garden!
The wall bed then recieved the compost in the one barrel as a top dressing over the first row of straw.
Now the straw is rather rotted already.
Now humus is a type of charcoal from deep within the earth.
It helps the soil distribute the nutrients that can often get locked up into the soil when the elements are out of balance.
Well then it was topped off with another layer of well rotted straw.
Watered down and left to rot over our long hot summer.
Next fall...Oh baby!
I look forward to finding some block to finish it off.
I will also add some earth when we are done with the summer crop from the main garden.
Well two started...
Next we need to tend to the Water harvesting tank.
We need to remove a liner from it.
Hook it up to the gutter on the eave.
The gutter will also need to be altered to flow back this way.
two pain pills later
The post is finished