Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My morning gardening.

Hello!
Welcome to my bliss.

In the morning I will sing a new song.
Sing all earth and sky.
I will declare that Jesus is my Lord that he be glorified!


Kitchen tasks leave the scrap for compost...
Often the egg shells are baked and ground in the food processor for my chickens.
Nothing is wasted

The coop was mucked and the bucket hold the "green dung"
The compost is supper to the soil.
3 part mix

dung
pine shavings
food scrap (no meats)
Coffee and all of the good stuff that goes into the garbage disposal all over the globe.

Remembering to water the compost is hard, for me.
It is a living mixture and I must think of it as such.
I would not let the other living things I tend die of thirst I must not let it either.
Welcome
butter lettuces can get wet on the lief as can the berries.

Life abundant in my garden must be planted for all around me here in this city life is spoiled by pesticides used for ease.
Bend a knee folks and pull that weed!

Worm and mantis is added this day to bring more life to my earth.
This earth really is not mine . I only have guardianship over it.

gardener ship :)

Worms are the red wigglers.

Happy to touch the earth.

tin cans to guard the eye
they also tip when the birds land on them
I attract birds on purpose
Just the otherday I witnessed a gold finch eat a green caterpillar off of the tomato plan.
I watched her through the window, wondering if her eye was on the fruit.
She is a welcomed guest in my garden.
I know what she eats will be safe for her too.

The Black Russian Heirloom is coming back after the transplant shock.
I gave him a deep shoulder to set stronger root.
When you transplant tomato set them deep and build the soil up a bit. They will root more off of the extra submerged stem.
Heads up
cage/trellis or support your toms when transplanted this was a big error first time around for me. Dogs eat them by the way, at least mine do. Plants, fruit and all!

Strawberry pot is having a challenge with a nematode, I dislodged it and plucked the damaged fruit as to not attract him back. The musk melon is doing well.

flowering nicly, I do not know if it has been pollinated. I may do some self pollinating when I get back from holiday.

Moon and stars melons are happy looking things.
All my plants heirloom when I am able.
I want to save seed.
If you use hybrid seed you by mules (they will be sterile seed).

Well the other hill is planted in a different melon for the seeds somehow found way to other spots in the garden. I planted these last week or so.
Hill up your mellon. Then trench water. NO water on the plant.
The mounds are hugged by a black plastic trash bag for warmth. Melons love warm roots.
There is mulch from the compost on all exposed earth.
Walking path has the straw cover.

Another lesson Cabbage needs nitrogen mine bolted due to a lack of it.
I will save the seed and feed the chickens.
No loss if I learn, it will be the mistakes that I will remember.

When I water I pull the hose full into the plot and then pull it out as I water and the end will be at the gate as I exit dry footed.

This is my sweet baby.
Black seed Simpson lettuce.
I have had it three seasons now.
It is going to seed, that I will save. It was a wonderful happy plant.

When salad is desired I simply remove a few leaves, I was ready that you can simply cut off the heads at ground level and they will return again. I have yet to do this though.

Simpson flower is so beautiful!
edible too.

Powdery meldew solution of
baking soda
dish soap
water.

Life.


I asked in prayer for the wheeled can.
Found it at the curb with a wheel barrow free!
The potting soil to be housed in it and it will be portable to use around the estate.

trench water
that is a soaker bulb, It is a good 20 years old so if you can not locate one keep an eye at yard sales and thrift stores.


Morning harvest

The tomato will ripen on a counter top.
Better that then the dogs getting to have them.
Three variety
cherry
roma
early girl

I planted some more raddish.
It is a piggy back way to plant.
I wish I would of planted the radish earlier, the second crop will be a bit delayed.
Lettuce will be harvested for a salad for lunch tomorrow.
I like to wait untill It is time to eat it.
Butter lettuce is so tender it wilts fast after harvest.

I hope you gleaned a bit of bliss
Bee happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone bless these seeds I sow...